Are you a business owner or sales professional worried about where your next sale is going to come from? Do you wish that you had more control over filling your pipeline? The answer always lies in the numbers…
Last week we finished the last session of the Prospecting Mastery live, skills training and coaching program. In this last session, the majority of the participants said for the first time in their sales career, they feel that they have control of their sales process. They know exactly what they need to do to keep their calendars and pipelines full of the best opportunities. They also know how to control conversations with their prospects. That is a powerful feeling!
Part of that feeling of control comes from knowing the numbers.
Here is an email that I received from a client that had someone enrolled in the Prospecting Mastery program:
As a sales manager, the number #1 challenge is for sales people to know their numbers.
A sales person must know their:
- Ratio of Dials to Conversations with Prospects
- Ratio of Conversations to Appointments Scheduled
- Ratio of Appointments to Proposals
- Ratio of Proposals to Sales
When you know your numbers, you can calculate your Revenue Per Dial.
When you know your numbers, you can also:
- Improve your ratios
- Determine how much you wish to make and what it takes to make it
- Take charge of you career
A sales manager can plan their sales goals if they know their numbers:
- Know how many sales people will be needed to achieve their sales goals
- Know at an early stage when a sales person is not going to succeed
- Know who needs coaching and in what area
- Improve the sales team’s ratios
This seems obvious, yet so many sales people and sales managers have no idea of their numbers. This is the #1 challenge.
I am indebted to my client, Keith Oliver, Principal, Oliver Insurance, http://oliver-insurance.com/, for the outline above. He is 100% correct. When you know your numbers, everything changes.
If you are a business owner and/or sales manager and would like to have a serious conversation about knowing and improving your numbers, click here.