Question from a Subscriber: How do you warm up your prospects before a cold call?
Wendy’s Answer: You warm up for your call by doing your homework ahead of time. That includes:
- Understanding the issues and challenges that confront your prospect
- Understanding the value of your offering to the prospect
- Knowing the goal of your conversation–when you hang up the telephone what do you want to have accomplished?
- Creating your script that clearly outlines the value that you offer to customers or clients. Create your script by looking at 1-3 above. Your script should also include the answers to questions and/or objections that you are bound to hear.
- If you are uncomfortable with cold calling, practice your script out loud before you start making calls. You want to sound conversational, even though you’re using a script. (Actors do this all the time, you can too.)
[tags] warm up your prospects, prospects, cold call, cold calling, warming up prospect [/tags]